Experience your dream holiday in the Sonnen Resort with the ¾ All-inclusive wellness gourmet board, 10 indoor & outdoor pools, 10 saunas, an extensive range of leisure options and activities, along with lots of extra services for cyclists. We would be delighted to put together a bespoke offer for you.
Rides out on the terrain in the unspoilt natural surroundings Alpine tours through woodlands and Alpine pastures past mountain lakes or through dreamy orchards and along romantic streams. A climate that guarantees pleasant temperatures from March through to November, with 315 days of sunshine a year. The bike region of Vinschgau-Merano is a paradise in South Tyrol for mountain bikers who have sporting ambitions, as well as families, pleasure riders and E-Bikers, who want to experience the many qualities of the land and the people in a leisurely and relaxed fashion.
Mountain bike holidays
Over 40 mountain bike tours in Naturns and over 80 designated MTB tours in Vinschgau, of varying difficulty levels, provide variety during your cycling holidays in South Tyrol. Whether you are a freerider, downhiller or tourer – everyone is well catered for here. From easy trails close to the valley, to Alpine tours for adrenaline junkies.
E-Bike & pleasure tours
A cycle network which has pleasure-packed cycle tours from Vinschgau via Merano and Passeiertal, along rivers and through orchards. From the Via Claudia Augusta along the Adige - one of the loveliest cycle paths in the Alps - to the South Tyrol lowlands cycle path to the South Tyrol border. Ideally suited to families, connoisseurs and anyone who wants to experience the country and the people in South Tyrol.
Tip: With the Vinschger Bahn and the combi ticket for bike & train you get to enjoy the wonderful landscape by bike and then relax and head back on the train. Bikes (plus equipment) are available to hire at six train stations (Merano, Naturns, Latsch, Schlanders, Spondinig and Mals) and can be returned there too.
Road bike holiday
There is a paradise for road bikers along the Via Claudia Augusta between Lake Garda and Reschen Pass, which offers variety and different types of rides for road bikers during their cycling holidays in South Tyrol. Whether it is the Stilfserjoch, Timmelsjoch or the Mendel pass – Naturns is an ideal starting point for your holiday.
Included road & mountain/city bike offers in your bike hotel in South Tyrol:
- Tips on tour planning for mountain bike tours, road bike tours and pleasure tours in Vinschgau and in South Tyrol
- Lockable bike room in the hotel underground garage
- Free hire of very well serviced, high quality city bikes, mountain bikes (MTB Hardtail Whistler) for mountain biking and pleasure rides
(various frame sizes available)
We are partners with Ötzi Bike Academy, Naturns. As a member business and bike hotel in Naturns we are able to offer our guests two guided bike tours daily, in various difficulty levels, ride technique training, advice, tips and supervision from professional bike guides, GPS track upload, GPS unit hire and much more.
- 7 x week individually guided MTB tours with qualified guides, along the Transalp route:
700 to 1500 metres altitude, 3 to 4 hours
- 2 x weekly road bike tours with qualified guides
- 6 x weekly individually guided pleasure-oriented tours with qualified guides:
max. 600 metres climbing, 3 to 4 hours
- Technique training with professional guidance out on the terrain and in the Bike Park
- E-Bike hire - a wide range of brands in the shop at Ötzi Bike Academy
- Every Tuesday and Thursday from Easter to November a comfortable coach takes you – and your bike – to Glurns (50 km) or Graun am Reschensee (65 km)